You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club event to support refugee families
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club event to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $25 per person.
The event will be held on Thursday, June 20, 2019 from 6pm-8pm at Grace United Methodist Church 6199 Waterman Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63112. We hope you will come and join us!
June 20, 2019 – Enjoy International Cuisine From All Over The World
– Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus a dip made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita.
- Shawarma grilled chicken, mayonnaise, garlic, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with honey and sugar syrup.
– Afghanistan Cuisine
- Ashak Fresh pasta filled with scallions, leeks and cilantro, served with yogurt-garlic sauce. Topped with ground beef uniquely seasoned with coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper, sprinkled with mint.
- Firni Custard pudding flavored with cardamom and rosewater and topped with ground pistachios.
– African Cuisine From The Country of Burkina Faso
- Riz Gras Beef cooked with vegetables such as tomatoe, yellow onions, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, garlic, and served over a bed of rice.
- Gaonre black-eyed pea dish with, onion, carrots, eggs, flour, olive oil, salt, peper.
– Lebanese Cuisine
- Tabouli Finely chopped parsley, green onion, and tomato. Tossed with bulgur wheat, lemon and olive oil.
- Spicy Potatoes Gluten Free hand cut cubes of potatoes, deep-fried, and drizzled in our homemade spicy cilantro dressing.
Check out our story in The Huffington Post, Real Simple, Riverfront Times, Feast Magazine, St Louis Magazine, KSDK, Fox 2 News,and Resolution from the City of St. Louis. **Join Welcome Neighbor STL on Facebook.**
If you are interested in hosting your own supper club event, please contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected].
Jessica Bueler[email protected]