(Saturday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
327 Woods Mill Rd
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $30 per person.
The event will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 6pm-8pm at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, ELCA – Manchester, MO, 327 Woods Mill Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011. Come and join us!
February 23, 2019 – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
* Hummus a dip made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
* Baba Ganoush a dip made of mashed eggplant, lemon juice, tahini. Served with pita
* Yalanji grape leaves stuffed with rice, Mediterranean spices, and lemon juice.
* Kubba deep fried bulgur with beef, pine nuts and a little onion.
* Manakeesh Similar to pizza. Grilled dough with a variety of toppings to choose from, including cheese, hot red pepper, thyme and ground beef, olive oil and Mediterranean spices.
* Baklava a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with honey and sugar syrup.
If you are interested in hosting your own supper club event, please contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected]