(Saturday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Al-Salam Day School (gym area)
519 Weidman Rd.
Welcome Neighbor STL is partnering with the Syrian American Medical Society for a fantastic evening of food, friends, and fundraising. The event
Welcome Neighbor STL is partnering with the Syrian American Medical Society for a fantastic evening of food, friends, and fundraising. The event will take place on February 24 at Al-Salam Day School at 519 Weidman Rd. Ballwin, MO 63011 from 6-8 PM.
This meal presents an opportunity for people, who have been defined for too long as victims, to share knowledge and skills unique to them, to become partners in fund-raising efforts instead of being a recipient, and to set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by one or more of our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of their origin.
Enjoy the food, conversation and making friends with neighbors old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening. Come join us! Purchase your tickets here.
Menu for February 24, 2018 – Enjoy Traditional Syrian Cuisine
- (Culinary Art) vegetable art designed and created by Lina.
- (Hummus) is a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita. Made by Najlaa.
- (Tabouleh) is a salad made with fresh vegetables such as parsley, lettuce, and tomato. Made by Dalal.
- (Manakeesh) is a delicious dish that is comparable to pizza. Grilled dough covered with a wide variety of different toppings to choose from including cheese, hot red pepper, thyme and ground meat, olive oil and spices. Made by Muna.
- (Kubba) is s a deep fried buglar with beef, nuts and a little onion. Made by Kawthar.
- (Shawarma) is chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread. Made by Iman.
- (Fattoush) fresh vegetables such as tomato, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried bread and apple cider vinegar. Made by Mawda.
- (Kousa Mahshi) is stuffed zucchini with rice and lamb. Made by Khawla.
- (Muhammara) is red pepper with walnuts, pomegranate molasses and crumbed bread. Made by Maysaa.
- (Baklava) is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and held together with syrup. Made by Alifa.
Purchase your tickets here.
The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is a nonpolitical, nonprofit medical relief organization that is working on the front lines of crisis relief in Syria and neighboring countries to alleviate suffering and save lives. SAMS proudly provides medical care and treatment to every patient in need.
SAMS is one of the most active and trusted medical organization working inside Syria. In Syria, SAMS operates over 100 medical facilities that provide general and specialized medical care for Syrians in need. SAMS proudly supports medical programs in eight governorates.
Purchase your tickets here.
Suggested donation is $75 per person. 100% of the proceeds will benefit SAMS and Syrian refugees. Questions? Contact Jessica Bueler at JessicaBueler@gmail.com.
Are you interested in hosting a Welcome Neighbor STL event in your home or business? Please let us know! To learn more about Welcome Neighbor STL, please visit our Website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Download our poster below.