(Friday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Ryan and Kristina Currnutt
1825 Arundel Dr.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends - old and new.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for Syrian women, to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $30 per person.
Questions? Contact Kristina Curnutt at [email protected]
The event will be held on Friday, September 21st from 6pm-8:00pm at the home of Kristina and Ryan Currnutt at 1825 Arundel Dr. Florissant, MO 63033. Come join us!
September 21, 2018 – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Baba Ganoush – ground eggplant and sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Served with pita bread.
- Beef Kabab with Rice – Beef kebab with fresh tomato sauce, onion, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and served with white rice.
- Falafel – a Middle Eastern dish of spiced mashed chickpeas formed into balls or fritters and deep-fried. Served with pita bread.
- Fattoush – salad with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables using olive oil and spices.
- Kubba – deep fried bulgar with beef, nuts and onion.
- Chicken Shawarma – chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and syrup.
If you are interested in hosting your own supper club event, please contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected]
Date: 09/21/2018 (Fri.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm CDT
Location: Home of Ryan and Kristina Currnutt – 1825 Arundel Dr. Florissant, MO 63033