You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $40 per person. 100% of proceeds benefit the refugee cooks preparing the meals.
The event will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 6pm-8pm at St. Peter Parish – School Dining Hall at 215 North Clay, Kirkwood MO 63122. The Entrance to the Dining Hall is on the south side of the building on West Jefferson. There are steps leading down to the glass doors that are the entrance.
October 12, 2019 Menu – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus a dip made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Baba Ganoush a dip made of mashed eggplant, lemon juice, tahini. Served with pita.
- Yalanji grape leaves stuffed with rice, Mediterranean spices, and lemon juice.
- Fattoush a salad of tomato, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Kibbeh is deep fried bulgur stuffed with beef, pine nuts a little onion and Mediterranean spices.
- Kapsa Rice Arabic style rice with Mediterranean spices.
- Tzatziki Sauce made from scratch sauce to accompany Kapsa Rice.
- Chicken Shawarma Sandwiches chicken, mayonnaise, and pickles rolled in pita bread and grilled to perfection.
- Spicy Pita Bread Arabic Chili and garlic cream toasted inside of warm pita.
- Kebab with Tomato sauce and Rice
- Baklava a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with honey and sugar syrup.