We invite you to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Eat well and do good at the same time. SIGN UP HERE These
We invite you to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Eat well and do good at the same time.
SIGN UP HERE
These meals present an opportunity for people, who have been defined for too long as victims, to share knowledge and skills unique to them, for recipients to become partners in fund-raising efforts, and to set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by one or more of our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Enjoy the food, conversation and making friends with neighbors old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
April 11, 2018 – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- (Hummus) is a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil.
- (Baba Ganoush) is grilled eggplant with fresh vegetables such as parsley, green peppers, tomatoes and pomegranate molasses and tahini.
- (Fattoush) is dish made of fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, lemons, mint and apple cider vinegar. Served with fried bread.
- (Kubba) is s a deep fried buglar with beef, nuts and a little onion.
- (Yalangi) is the leaves of grapes stuffed with rice and vegetables.
- (Mashed Potatoes) with yogurt, fresh lemon juice and garlic. Served with pita bread.
- (Lamb Kebab) in tomato sauce and a little onion and spices. Served with white rice.
- (Chicken Shawarma) is chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- (Freika) is wheat grains with peas, beef, almonds, pine nuts, and cashews. Served with yogurt and cucumber sauce.
- (Artichoke) stuffed with potatoes, tomatoes, rice, and beef.
- (Baklava) is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.
Suggested donation is $50 per person. Questions? Contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected]
The event will be held on April 11th from 6-9pm at Avenue Restaurant at 12 N Meramec Ave, Clayton, MO 63105. Come join us! Are you interested in hosting a Welcome Neighbor STL event in your home or business? Please let us know by contacting Jessica Bueler at [email protected]
SIGN UP HERE
To learn more about Welcome Neighbor STL, please visit our Website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.