You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $25 per person.
The event will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2019 from 6:30pm-8:30pm at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church at 15764 Clayton Rd, Ellisville, MO 63011. Come and join us!
Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a dip made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and lemon juice.
- Tabouleh – a finely chopped salad made with parsley, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and bulgur. Mixed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Shawarma – chicken, mayonnaise, and pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with honey and sugar syrup.
If you are interested in hosting your own supper club event, please contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected].
Jessica Bueler[email protected]