You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends - old and new.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for Syrian women, to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Suggested donation: $25 per person. $10 per child 10 and under.
Questions? Contact Jane Mohit at [email protected]
The event will be held on Wednesday, June 20th from 6:00-9pm at Grace United Methodist Church. 6199 Waterman Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63112. Additional parking available 1 block north on Skinker. Come join us!
June 20th – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Tabouleh – salad made with parsley, lettuce, and tomato.
- Fattoush – salad with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables using olive oil and spices.
- Kubba – deep fried bulgar with beef, nuts and onion.
- Shawarma – chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and syrup.